The TRCLB has alleged that LiUNA Local 183, BMIUC Local 1, the MCUTV (“the Union”) and its members were engaged in an Unlawful Strike. On March 4, 2021 the OLRB issued a decision in Board Files 2275-20-U and 2297-20-U. In the decision:
- The Board found that the Union had not engaged in an unlawful strike.
- The Board did not require any masonry contractor to change its assignment of its crews in any way.
- The Board did not make any declarations respecting Letter of Understanding No. 8 of the MCAT agreement.
- The Board did not restrict the Union from seeking enforcement of Letter of Understanding No. 8 by way of grievance or otherwise.
- The Board dismissed the Bureau’s application against MCAT.
- The Board dismissed the complaint of a stucco labour broker Ras-Con against the Union.
Accordingly, no masonry contractor, and no worker under the MCUTV Agreement, is required to do anything as a result of this Decision.
FULL DECISION IS AVAILALBE BELOW